Being a mother to 2 little kids, their are times I found life difficult, my kids would often find it tough being away from kindergarten, playing with their friends and missing out on being kids. I was constantly feeling sad and broken distraught, I was trying to find a way to make them happy kids, I would often hear:
- ''Mum I am bored''
- ''Mum will you Play with me?''
- ''Mum why cant i see my friends?''
I was running out of ideas as well as energy on how to help my children stimulate there brains with kids activities, so i came across some indoor activities (as some days it was too cold to go outside). I found it so important as activities help your child:
- build confidence.
- feel loved, happy and safe.
- develop social skills, language and communication.
- learn about caring for others and the environment.
- develop physical skills.
Learning this i found makes my child so happy and confident which also creates a positive environment.
Some of the indoor kids activities i found helped my kids adapt to life in current restrictions were:
- BUILDING BLOCKSPURCHASE FROM WWW.CRAFTULATE.COM AND KMART
- KIDS DRAWING A PERSON AND CAR
- PURCHASE FROM SMIGGLES AND OFFICEWORKS
* COLOUR IN AND CUT OUT
- PURCHASE FROM IKEA
- CREATE A GIANT PAPER PLANE
PURCHASE LARGE SHEET OF PAPER FROM OFFICE WORKS
- Plan and perform a play
- This can be done by dressing up
This helps with the creativity process, as well as helping me when cooking and baking (because I needed the extra pair of hands in the kitchen).
These activities helped me keep my kids happy.
What are some of your ways you found to keep your kids occupied?